Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

To be Schooled or Not

| Home

Reasons to Stay in School

By Deborah Williams
At one time or another, almost all students wonder if what they are studying will be helpful after graduation.  For some, it is the reason that they drop out before they graduate high school.  A recent article on the Teen page of The Huffington Post published a summary of what some Reddit users say are the least and most useful things that they learned in school.  Here are some of the most useful things that these users learned in school:
Most Useful
  • Teachers can be friends, too.
  • How to communicate with people
  • Forced presentations in class really got me over my social anxieties and made me a less shy person
  • How to write essays.  I hated it at high school but it really helped with my University assignments.
  • Social skills are probably the most valuable thing you learn in high school.  Just in terms of everyday life use.
  • Learning to use computers, write a résumé and definitely learning how to read an analog clock in grade 1.
  • How to properly write a CV (curriculum vita)
  • Learned how to save my money in a bank

No comments:

Post a Comment