Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day is one of the most celebrated days of the year for merchants and retailers,however any true mother will tell you that it doesn't take one day to be a mother. Being a mother is every day and thus should be celebrated all year round. Therefore just as I believe with Valentine or Christmas. we do not need for a specific day to let our moms know how much we truly love and appreciate the sacrifices they have made for us.

Try not to go out and buy sense less gifts that mom may never look on or give a second glance at,instead spend some quality time with mom if she is still in your life. Happy Mother's Day to all moms not just those who have given birth, but also to the many women who have dedicate their lives to nurturing others.

I took the following pictures from Yasmin's blog Poet's of the Caribbean at a reading of her poem written by her at a school. I agree with yasmin that parents are soldiers. I say to all moms,keep the fight going.




Poetry Reading from Mommy and Daddy Are Soldiers

It was a pleasure for me to read to 3rd and 4th graders last week at Judith Resnik Elementary, from my book, Mommy and Daddy are Soldiers.

The children asked lots of interesting questions about poems, the poetry writing process, and my book. They also had very thoughtful comments on some of the poems. I had a lot of fun and was thrilled about their enthusiasm for poetry. It was a fitting end to poetry month. Great kids!!







No comments:

Post a Comment